Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Casualty of the Idiot

"You know how much I love you and how much PC loves you, right?"

"Yes, Mom. More than the moon, the stars, and all of heaven."

(HUGE HUG)

"Now get some sleep. You've got picture day at school tomorrow and PC & I have to work."

"But I don't want you to go to work. What if you don't come back?"

"Baby, we'll ALWAYS come back. We LOVE YOU. What makes you think we won't come back?"

"I don't know. Sometimes people don't. Then they don't love you."

Now, I'm not drawing any direct conclusions here, and I'm not relating this to the calendar date on which it was said, but my mother gut here says, "Hmmmm, maybe he's really deep down feeling the rejection so strongly that he's afraid that if he turns his back, PC & I will abandon him also."

How absolutely wrong is that? My son, who knows that I would give my life to protect him, that I would rip out the heart of anyone who tries to hurt my son, and eat it for breakfast, is beginning to wonder who else in his life is going to turn on him. Who else will decide that he is different enough to abandon, to ditch, to ignore, to keep just outside of "the family."

PC and I will be going to see an attorney to get the ball rolling on this ridiculous mess that Ex has created. We have several things we'd like to see accomplished, and I've begun a list. I know that several of you out there have some MAJOR input and ideas and wisdom and experience at this. I KNOW that you'll be more than happy to share your knowledge with me (PM). Care to leave me your suggestions - besides ripping out Ex's heart and eating it for breakfast - although, I don't think I'd want to do that, it might cause contamination!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

MG, see my private E-Mail.
DAB

Anonymous said...

oh god. good for you and pc. you are stars, both of you, the best kind of warriors--warriors of the heart. i am behind you all the way. i'm not sure what kind of helpful things i could add? just know i am rooting for you and sending prayers.

mommyguilt said...

thanks, Kyra. I know that it's going to be a long and arduous road and my biggest hope, aside from change for SmallBoy, is that the kids don't get hurt too much - they're always the ones that suffer in these kinds of things - perhaps why I've put this off for so long.

Anonymous said...

I am going to e-mail you privately. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps if he refuses to see one he should not see any of them.
I am sure he feels rejected from his own dad not wanting to see him, but he is willing to see the other two. So cruel!
Maybe a car will run your ex over?
Problem solved!! ha ha
I am surprised the other 2 kids go with their dad, when he is so mean and cruel to their younger brother.
If you have one child more time now, he also owes you more child support too. Hit him where it hurts.

mommyguilt said...

Thanks, Melissa! I absolutely appreciate your suggestions...cuz I know when it gets down to the nitty gritty, that no matter how organized I am, my "requests"/demands will be totally forgotten in my scatterbrain.

Anonymous said...

Time for him to start treating all of them like his children. Or make him pay!