Saturday, July 30, 2005

What to Do?

The children are with their father this weekend and PC is at work. I am home alone. It's kind of eerie. I don't think I've had the house to myself in over a year. The quiet is nice, but it's just plain freaky at the same time. I'm meeting my mother for lunch in an hour or so, and the band is playing tonight, so I still have to figure out what I'm wearing and get cute in time to meet and load up our gear, but for now....

I suppose I could do laundry, clean my room, take a hot bath, sweep up the mountains of dog hair, nap, maybe put some makeup on or do something with my hair, change out of my workout clothes, go get the fabric strips I need to repair my favorite jeans from the rip at the gig last week, or not. I could look for all of my laptop start up discs so perhaps I can fix it from whatever is wrong. I could go work in my garden. I could change my nail polish. I could sit here and blog for the next hour. I really should do laundry and clean my room, though.....but that's no fun, and certainly no way to spend my free time. I could look for all of LargeBoy's high school paperwork, since I'm terribly delinquent turning it in. Nah, that makes me feel old. I could pay bills. I'm sorry, I must be delusional - why would I pay bills on a beautiful day like this? That's depresssing.

I think, perhaps, I'll just do nothing. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh! There is margarita mix downstairs. It'll be noon in 13 minutes! Now THAT sounds like a lovely idea. I have no books to read until Monday, though, having finally finished the latest Harry Potter book. I guess that means I'll just have to sit on the front porch and enjoy the quiet for a few more minutes.

I have a feeling that there will be more of these days that I have time to myself. What do you do when you are finally home alone?

No comments: