Monday, August 01, 2005

To Answer the Standard Monday Question...

My weekend - too short. Yours? What did I do, you ask. Friday night PC and I went to a local Mexican restaurant for dinner. It wasn't THE best Mexican restaurant in our town, but it was within walking distance, and we didn't feel like driving. Pigged out on food, listened to (and watched) a lone mariachi player with his glued on hair, and laughed and giggled. We didn't drink much, since their margaritas are not exactly the best gig in town. After that, we went home and were asleep by 10:30.

Saturday, you may have read in my previous post, I was home alone. I ended up going to the fabric store to by some fabric to fix the colossal rip in my favorite jeans, and then I went to PC's bar and harrassed him for food for two hours...which he finally gave me. Went home and got cute for the gig.

The gig...well, that was another story. Do you remember the scene in the Blues Brothers when the band is playing on the stage behind the chicken wire and getting heckled, and getting bottles thrown at them? Ok, so it wasn't that bad, but that's what we (I) felt like. It was just the feeling of the bar, to be honest. Apparently, the bookings got terribly screwed up and they ended up booking us opening for a grunge band that was followed by a metal band. The grunge band was pretty good. Their drummer was phenomenal. Sadly, we never learned the name of their group. We didn't stay long enough to hear the metal band, though. Regardless, here we were, this country/rock cover band opening for grunge and metal. The crowd consisted of the other two bands, their girlfriends, a few people that our bass player had brought in, and some rowdies at the other end of the bar. Interesting, to say the least.

Sunday was breakfast with ET & my SIL. OH.MY.GOD. Biscuits & gravy. Need I say more? I could, but let me just leave you with this vision: Hot steamy buttermilk biscuits slathered in gravy loaded with sausage. OH.MY.GOD. It's a good thing I'm going to work out tonight after work!

Gotta run, boss is lurking!

No comments: