Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Gee, Mom, I Wanna Go Home

I am pretty certain that I have strep throat. I am, however, at work today - which is probably where the dreadful infection originated, as it has been floating through our office. I have not had strep since I was about 6yrs old. I feel like crap. I'm lightheaded, feverish and my throat feels like I've got two ping pong balls lodged in it. My head hurts, my eyes hurt, and I just want to go home to bed. I got up at 7:30 this morning - which, by the way, is when I'm supposed to start my workday, ended up with a terrible parking space, and was then referred to as just plain mean by my students and rotten as a friend...only thing missing from that lot is the bad mama call from my ex.

Last night, my throat hurt, but I was alive. I went to the grocery store to get dinner because those other people that occupy my house really don't care if I'm not feeling well, they feel this genuine need to feed. By the time I got home from the grocery store, my neck was stiff, my throat was totally swollen and I could hardly speak. I took some aspirin-substitute-substance, probably Ibuprofen, and went to bed. Sleep was not easy. I kept waking up to that horrible pain in my throat. One would think that I'd have called in sick today. Nope. Not this Hard Workin' Mama. I'm dedicated to my job that doesn't pay me nearly enough money to be here when I feel this crappy, but that I can't afford to miss. Oh, and not to mention that I was sick last week and used up almost all of my vacation and sick hours and any time that I take off now is unpaid. So, I'm sucking it up, drinking juice, and then going home and going to bed so that MAYBE I can come to work tomorrow. I have the kids making me jello so that I have something to eat when I get home from work. But for now, I'm just glad it's almost lunchtime....oh, wait, I have to work through lunch today since I was late this morning. GRRRRRRRRR. Need.Sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All will be well...If I can be of any help please dont hesitate to call.. Your friend. T