Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Ball

Last night was our biggest event since our wedding. We attended a Ball, yes, a ball, for a non-profit organization with whom my company does some work. Our company sponsored a table and, since our director wasn't able to find any available client guests, she took the core staff. We got all fancy schmancy, took picturesbefore we left (yeah, like prom), and headed out. Free food, open bar, silent auction....LOTS of people with LOTS of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (oh, wait, except us). We purposely didn't "pre-swipe" our credit card to make sure that we behaved and didn't bid. Sad, too, because there were some really nice things there. It was entirely too tempting. Thankfully, there was a bar on the other side of the building and another in the "important people" seating, so that we could go get drinks without having to be lured to those really pretty, and highly tempting, yet over priced things. I didn't need any of those things, though because I just bought this FABULOUS necklace and earring set from Felicity's new site (handmade, of course) AND, I have this FABULOUS necklace from Marti's site (also, handmade), so who would need anything else.


Back to the Ball. I had hoped to take lots of pictures of us all having a fabulous time, but I was too busy having a fabulous time to take pictures. I do have a funny one to share, though. You see, PC loves to be very sweet and tender and will randomly, just give me a sweet peck on the cheek, especially when we're out in public, to let me know he loves me. He ALSO loves to be obnoxious, ESPECIALLY in public, and let me know that he loves me in a more, well, let's say...primitive way. Oh yes. This was at the table either while waiting for, or immediately following dinner. I do so love my husband. Isn't he just the sweetest? Our night was lovely, we had a designated driver and everything. K & J - thanks, by the way. PC and I were discussing today that last night was the very first time someone had ever dropped us off at our house. It was kind of nice!


We truly had a lovely time, showed a great deal of restraint, spent time with great friends, and were still home by 10:30. It was rather nice (especially since my feet were screaming at me).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god you are stunning. Nice tongue, cuz. You definitely got that behavior from the Patterson family. Thanks for the display of the necklace ....

mommyguilt said...

M - Oh absolutely! I don't think that came from the OTHER side...LOL Ain't he a sweetie?!?!?!?

Thanks for the compliment...just got lucky and had a good hair day (tee hee)

Roni said...

You look so happy!

Anonymous said...

Y'all look gorgeous and sophisticated and the jewelry was FABULOUS!

gretchen said...

You look beautiful and so young- I thought it was a picture of your daughter at first!

Glad you had a fun night out- you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the props, Girl! And aren't you the cutest damn thang?? I'd be lickin your cheek too.

Anonymous said...

Do you have any wrinkles at all? You look absolutely lovely, and PC is a very funny guy. Glad you had fun. And don't our girls make some rockin' jewelry?

mommyguilt said...

Oh sweetie, yeah, there are wrinkles, I just had on about 30pounds of concealer and foundation to hide them.

He's a fabulous guy and makes me ever so happy. He loves my kids, "gets" my SmallBoy, spoils me rotten, AND thinks I'm beautiful even when I am fresh out of bed with nasty bedhead and morning mouth...Yeah, I'll keep him!

Marti- I told him about the family characteristic..he thought it hilarious that he has inherited it, especially since he's not technically blood. I told him, well, you hang out long enough, you start picking up their mannerisms...LOLOLOL

Lora said...

You, my dear, look absolutely fabulous! So glad that you had a good time and that you have PC to keep you smiling. You deserve it!