Thursday, February 23, 2006

Living Room Updates and Our Olympic Skater

So I caved and bought a new camera...it's a pretty decent camera, we use one identical to it at work, so it's not totally foreign to me. When I got home, I decided to test it out by taking some pics of the living room progress to show to you. Girl, just happened to be watching the figure skating and wanted to "model" for us. Enjoy! She's such a dork sometimes..that's why I love her! This picture here is of the doorway from Hell - the one that K & J (and their strippers) helped us with. You can see that we've made scads of progress on it. It's pure evil. It will probably be the LAST thing that we do.


Here you see one of the doorways that we finished stripping with the heat gun(in considerably less time than the doorway fromHell). The left side of the door is completely sanded. THAT is what created the inch of sawdust on my floor and all over my wall. The right side of the door shoes the stain that some buttmonkeys decided to put 12 coats of paint over. GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY??????? Clearly we still have tons of work to do on that doorway, but considering what the other doorway looks like, I think we've done some serious damage! Above, you see the crown moulding and where we took the bottom "half" of the moulding off. It looked really crappy because there was this big gap between the top and the bottom - consistently throughout the house - and dirt and dust totally collects there. So the gross brownish part that you see is really black, gray, and yucko! That, too, will have to be sanded and painted.


Ahhhhh...my Girl....what a yutz! ET did part of this window I did a little...I did the part that sort of melted the bottom of the left frame. OOOPS. But seriously, LOOK at that stain. WHY would you paint over that? UGH!@!%#&@*****Ok, done now. Camera works, pics are great.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewwwwwwww, someone needs clean socks. ;-P
love ya

Anonymous said...

girl is SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!! i love those pics!

Octobermom said...

Quite the introvert isn't she :-P

She must get that from her mother.

mommyguilt said...

My mom's line to me was, "Um, sweetie, the window's are open," cuz you KNOW I was singing....tee hee

kristina said...

It's always a work in progress, isn't it? Girl looks like she's going for that gold......And you can quote me to Ex anytime. (I'm honored!) Hope it might help!

Anonymous said...

This is why the idea of buying a new build (after fixing up 3 old houses) is so appealing to me. But your house is looking really great - I can't wait to see the final pix! And girl is hysterical. Then again, we redheads are known for drama....