Thursday, December 08, 2005

Wednesday Wist...on Thursday

OK, so I'm a little behind this week, but I've been working out again AND getting reading for the holidays. BUT yesterday, I paid attention to the random songs I heard so that I could give them to you today. They weren't necessarily the LAST 5 songs I heard, but I'd say they were pretty random anyway. Here goes: So how do you participate in Wednesday Wist? You take your ipod, winamp, windows media player, mp3 player, itunes player..whatever you use. Put it on shuffle. Grab the first 5 songs and write what that song makes you remember. If it’s a new song…and you can’t relate it to a memory….do you like it? Leave me a comment if you do it on your site and if you don’t have a site, comment what you would leave if you did have one. Oh…and feel free to comment about my songs as well!!!

Funky Town by Pseudo Echo
Won't you take me to
Funkytown?
Won't you take me to
Funky town?
Well I talk about it, talk about it, talk about it, talk about it
Talk about talk about talk about movin'
Gotta move on.
This, in itself is funny, because it reminds me of going rollerskating (yes, skating, not blading) in high school. It also brings up the memories of Girl's slumber party last weekend when she and all of her friends costumed themselves up SO hilariously ridiculous and danced around my living room to this. I heard this last night when I was working out at Curves. They tend to play faster, "happy" music and keep the tempo up to speed with a beat that will give you a good heart rate.
Disco Inferno -Earth Wind & Fire
Burn baby burn
Disco Inferno
Yeah, so that's about all of that song that I ever knew and I'm feeling too lazy to look up the rest. Heard that one as I was winding up my workout yesterday. This one reminds me of my dad & my sister. I have some weird memory of my sister, when she was really small, liking this song or something, and my father going out and buying the 45 of it for her...I mean, she was REAL little, like no more than 2yrs old. But that's the image I have stuck in my head for this.
The Chipmunk Song - Alvin & the Chipmunks
Christmas, Christmas time is near
Time for toys & time for cheer
We've been good but we can't last
Hurry Christmas, hurry fast.
Want a plane that loops the loop
ME I WANT A HULA HOOP
We can hardly stand the wait, please Christmas don't be late.
THIS is my all-time favorite Christmas song. I LOVE the sappy Christmas songs and the religious songs and the classical songs and blah blah, but I LOVE The Chipmunk Song. I just happened to catch it at the right time in the car and it made my day!!!!
Mr. Boombastic - Shaggy
I'm Mr. Boombastic, say me fantastic
Touch me in my back
She says I'm Mr. Ro...mantic
I'm Mr. Boombastic, say me fantastic
Touch me in my back
She says boom boom boom.
I heard this song for the first time last night at karaoke. I had NO CLUE who sang it before I looked it up...makes sense NOW. Anyway, this song has a Jamaican LOVED UP feel to it...The guy who was karaoke-ing it was this tall white Revenge of the Nerds kind of guy (ok, NOT Carradine, but Anthony Edwards). He must have been practicing this song for a while. I swear the whole bar was falling off the stools and wetting their pants. We were laughing so hard...not AT him in fun, but totally WITH him because it was so hilarious it was great!
Proud Mary - Ike & Tina Turner
Left a good job in the city
Workin' for the man every night and day
But I never lost a minute of sleep
worryin' 'bout the way things might have been
Big Wheels keep on turnin', Proud Mary keep on burnin'
Rollin' (rollin'), Rollin' (rollin'), Rollin' on the river
.
Really, does it get any better than this? I like the CCR version, but ain't nothin' like Tina!!!!

YOUR TURN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

G. just had her Holiday Choir Concert and they sang the Chipmunk Song. Hysterical. They also sang "My hair had a party last night" which was even better. Nice to see you again!

mommyguilt said...

HOORAY for G!!!!!! "My hair had a party last night"...I LOVE it! Never heard it, though. My hair has a party all the time, never invites me, but leaves the mess and the clean up for me! GRRRRRR

Rj1994 said...

Loved your content, read this also you will find some interesting things about Amy Aela