Tuesday, September 06, 2005

For Kicks & Giggles

Thanks to Julie at It's a Trip for this great idea. Now you're all going to be able to figure out how old I am by the music. Go to this site, scroll down until you find Top 100 Songs and then pick the year you graduated high school. This is a list of the top 100 songs from the year I graduated (like I was going to mention the year...). The ones I liked are in bold and the ones I didn't even know are in red. Trust me, you'll find this very interesting.

1. Walk Like An Egyptian, Bangles

2. Alone, Heart

3. Shake You Down, Gregory Abbott

4. I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me), Whitney Houston

5. Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now, Starship (gag me!)

6. C'est La Vie, Robbie Nevil

7. Here I Go Again, Whitesnake (ok, ok, so I liked it...sue me)

8. The Way It Is, Bruce Hornsby and the Range

9. Shakedown, Bob Seger

10. Livin' On A Prayer, Bon Jovi (I have to explain to my kids WHY I know the "oo-ay-oo-ay-oo-oo-oo part when they look at me like I'm crazy..and then explain that everyone who knew that song knows that part too, not just me)

11. La Bamba, Los Lobos

12. Everybody Have Fun Tonight, Wang Chung (Who can forget Frasier Crane's version)

13. Don't Dream It's Over, Crowded House

14. Always, Atlantic Starr

15. With Or Without You, U2

16. Looking For A New Love, Jody Watley

17. Head To Toe, Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam

18. I Think We're Alone Now, Tiffany (liked the SONG, not the artist - Beatles all the way)

19. Mony Mony, Billy Idol (makes me crazy now)

20. At This Moment, Billy Vera and The Beaters

21. Lady In Red, Chris De Burgh (an old boyfriend actually made this my song)

22. Didn't We Almost Have It All, Whitney Houston

23. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, U2

24. I Want Your Sex, George Michael

25. Notorious, Duran Duran

26. Only In My Dreams, Debbie Gibson

27. (I've Had) The Time Of My Life, Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes

28. The Next Time I Fall, Peter Cetera and Amy Grant

29. Lean On Me, Club Nouveau

30. Open Your Heart, Madonna

31. Lost In Emotion, Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam

32. (I Just) Died In Your Arms, Cutting Crew

33. Heart And Soul, T'pau (does anyone know what that means? T'pau?)

34. You Keep Me Hangin' On, Kim Wilde

35. Keep Your Hands To Yourself, Georgia Satellites

36. I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me), Aretha Franklin and George Michael

37. Control, Janet Jackson

38. Somewhere Out There, Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram

39. U Got The Look, Prince (Now I really feel old, I work out to this)

40. Land Of Confusion, Genesis

41. Jacob's Ladder, Huey Lewis and The News

42. Who's That Girl, Madonna (are you kidding...this is madonna we're talking about)

43. You Got It All, Jets

44. Touch Me (I Want Your Body), Samantha Fox

45. I Just Can't Stop Loving You, Michael Jackson and Siedah Garrett

46. Causing A Commotion, Madonna

47. In Too Deep, Genesis

48. Let's Wait Awhile, Janet Jackson

49. Hip To Be Square, Huey Lewis and the News

50. Will You Still Love Me?, Chicago

51. Little Lies, Fleetwood Mac

52. Luka, Suzanne Vega (Just a sad, sad song)

53. I Heard A Rumour, Bananarama

54. Don't Mean Nothing, Richard Marx

55. Songbird, Kenny G

56. Carrie, Europe

57. Don't Disturb This Groove, System

58. La Isla Bonita, Madonna

59. Bad, Michael Jackson

60. Sign 'O' The Times, Prince

61. Change Of Heart, Cyndi Lauper

62. Come Go With Me, Expose

63. Can't We Try, Dan Hill

64. To Be A Lover, Billy Idol

65. Mandolin Rain, Bruce Hornsby and the Range

66. Breakout, Swing Out Sister

67. Stand By Me, Ben E. King

68. Tonight, Tonight, Tonight, Genesis

69. Someday, Glass Tiger

70. When Smokey Sings, ABC

71. Casanova, Levert

72. Rhythm Is Gonna Get You, Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine

73. Rock Steady, Whispers

74. Wanted Dead Or Alive, Bon Jovi

75. Big Time, Peter Gabriel

76. The Finer Things, Steve Winwood

77. Let Me Be The One, Expose

78. Is This Love, Survivor

79. Diamonds, Herb Alpert

80. Point Of No Return, Expose

81. Big Love, Fleetwood Mac

82. Midnight Blue, Lou Gramm

83. Something So Strong, Crowded House

84. Heat Of The Night, Bryan Adams

85. Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You, Glenn Medeiros

86. Brilliant Disguise, Bruce Springsteen

87. Just To See Her, Smokey Robinson

88. Who Will You Run Too, Heart

89. Respect Yourself, Bruce Willis

90. Cross My Broken Heart, Jets

91. Victory, Kool and The Gang

92. Don't Get Me Wrong, Pretenders

93. Doing It All For My Baby, Huey Lewis and The News

94. Right On Track, Breakfast Club

95. Ballerina Girl, Lionel Richie

96. Meet Me Half Way, Kenny Loggins (God I LOVED Top Gun)

97. I've Been In Love Before, Cutting Crew

98. (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right To Party, Beastie Boys

99. Funkytown, Pseudo Echo

100. Love You Down, Ready For The World

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie said...

Hey--thanks for the mention! :)

Go to the "Setting" section of your blog, then select "Comments"; there's an option there to "Show word verification for comments". Select that and the evil spam people will leave you alone.

mommyguilt said...

Thanks Julie - You're a peach!