Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Apple Pie Time

One of the fun things that we did over the weekend was to take Princess apple picking. The orchard was nicely organized and it was very easy to find what we were seeking. The people that ran the orchard were incredibly helpful and gave us their opinion of the best cooking apples in their orchard - the Ida Reds. Needless to say, we picked about 30 of those -some to give away as apples and some to cook with. I really would like to make sauce, but I remember, from my childhood, that it seemed like a complicated process, of course, that was in childhood also, so who knows. We are going to bake pie, though. I LOVE apple pie. So far, my brother-in-law's (ET) apple pie recipe has been the best I've ever had, but I'd like to try something different. I'm going to look some up online and through family recipes, but if any of you have any scrumptious recipes for apple pie to share, I'd love to hear them. Feel free to send them via the comment section and I'll post the one that we try...of course, we may try them all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'll ask mi madre, i'm pretty sure she has one
love!