Thursday, November 30, 2006

Finally - Girl's Award

I know that I had promised to write yesterday about my fabulous dauther and her fabulous award, but I needed to write about the dog and get that out of my system. Thanks, everyone, for all of your kind words. If you haven't had a chance, go and check out SmallBoy's comments. They're so dear. He definitely understood, and felt sadness, yet compassion.

Compassion for others - that was one of the qualities listed about Girl when she was being presented with her award. Let me pull the quote from the school's website (of course, I wrote the text and she's MORTIFIED by the pic I sent the school - so I'll give you a different one.):

On November 28, Girl was the recipient of the Optimist Award, which is presented by the Optimist Club of [Our Village]. Mr. S represented [Girl's] School and presented her with the award at the Optimist Luncheon.

Girl was recognized for her pleasant outlook, her loyalty to her friends, her team spirit, and her compassion towards others. The Award also commends school and community service. Girl participates in Girl Scouts, is an altar server and currently serves as Student Council Activities Director. Congratulations, Girl!

I'm SO proud! She deserves it. Her character speaks for itself, and if you've ever met her, you'll agree. She's hardworking, she's giving - to the point of overextension, sometimes, she's compassionate, she's generous and selfless. I am SO glad to have her as my daughter. I am so blessed.



Great job, m'ija. Te amo!

Oh, wow! I just realized it's the last day of NaBloPoMo. That went fast. I'll miss my little yoda. Maybe I'll figure out how to get him permanently in my side bar so I don't miss him til next year. Kyra, Laura, did I see you two chatting about NaDecWriMo? Give me dish - especially since it's November 30! Is this something REAL? Do I dare? I've been kinda having fun making sure I write (it's my reason to "get" the computer from the rest of my family!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have personally created NaDecWriMo in response to NaNoWriMo, as November was a not a good month for me. Actually, we could also have NaJanWriMo and avoid the holidays all together. All it takes is one person! Or more than that, actually. But just one to start! Do you want to join? Do you want to be that person? Can you tell I have been having a lot of caffeine this morning??

KC's Blog said...

Way to go Girl! Congratulations on the award! The Optimist Award, how cool!

bibliophile81 said...

http://holidailies.org/