Friday, November 18, 2005

Friday Fun

This graphic meme came from Cheryl. It's a lot of fun. Go to google images and grab the first image you see for each of the following. Then post in your site and let us know where to look. If you choose your favorite graphic as opposed to the first (that would be cheating), let us know that, too. Find an image for each of the following: The town in which you were born, the town you live in now, your name, your grandmother's name, your favorite food, fave drink, fave song, and fave smell.

Here goes:I was born in the town of Justice, IL...actually, the hospital was in Hinsdale, but born and raised (til age 9) in Justice. Favorite part was the amusement park down the street. They've since knocked it down and put up a trailer park.

Next you see Chicago's skyline (the first pic was just a map..BOORING). I am JUST west of the city in a fantastic little hoity toity 'burb. Can't afford it, but due to Ex's supreme wisdom (and I say that FULL of sarcasm), I am legally required to stay there until SmallBoy turns 18.

Gee, my name...I didn't get any cool pics like Cheryl did...I got Christina Aguilera. I share the name, I share the passion of singing. I USED TO have a body like hers too...then I had kids.

My grandmother, rest her soul...Marge. I think she would have hated the Simpsons (the show, not her family Simpsons). She would have liked Marge, though. Strong, dealt with a lot of crap from a lot of people, but took it all in stride, raised bart (which, I suppose would be the equivalent of 7 daughters), and maintained her sanity.

Ok, so my absolute to die for favorite food is chocolate. My favorite comfort food is pot roast and dumplings. That will make me feel better MOST of the time, but Chocolate will ALWAYS make me feel better.

Beaujolais is my favorite drink. It's red, but fruity and, if you get the noveau beaujolais that comes out right around NOW (HOORAY), there is little to no heartburn. I LOVE this stuff, and I'm not a fan of red wine...I'll drink a good merlot or even a cab, but give me beaujolais anytime.

Me & Bobby McGee - Janis, not Kris Kristoferson (who originally wrote it). If memory serves, Kristoferson heard Janis' recording of it AFTER she died. PC & I do this song with our band and it ROCKS...our families actually made us sing it at our wedding reception.

My favorite smell will always and forever be my grandmother's kitchen. I miss that smell, but catch it every once in a while if we're cooking something that my grandmother used to make. THAT is comfort. This is followed immediately, with no breathing room whatsoever by the smell of my children when they were babies, freshly bathed...don't you love that baby smell?

Now, you...go do this!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. i don't know if i can do it but i LOVED reading yours! and i am so envious that you can sing. my absolute biggest fantasy is to be able to belt one out like janis did--or should i say, like you CAN! rock on, girl!

Anonymous said...

I would also love to do this, but don't know how to add multiple pictures to my blog. One picture, and links, but not tons all at once. I will have to e-mail LightBlog Man! and see what he says.

mommyguilt said...

Thanks ladies - go over to the band link, in the blogroll it's code west, or in the posting, just click on the link. Check out some of the pics...kinda fun.

It was really hard to do multiple pics on here to, but I made it work somehow...takes up a TON of space, though...so do me a post with NO pics - that would still be fun!!

Cheryl said...

Great post!

Off to check the band pictures :-)

kristina said...

I just realized we have the same name, with a slight spelling difference--I always remember the smell of my grandmother's kitchen, too. Soy sauce, grease, Chinese herbs, chicken broth, and her amazing presence.

I really like the addition of "free thinker" to the Synonyms.

fineartist said...

I loved your post mommyguilt and I think it is cool as heck that you sing in a band. I have musical people in my family, sometimes they let me sing with them, but only to harmonize...

Anonymous said...

I am just a hanger on of all you great young ladies....I'm the grandmother who is now trying to come up with a kitchen smell for my grandchildren that isn't burnt toast...beer....garlic, lots of garlic....

A note to fineartist...if you can harmonize...then you have a special talent. I can do that....and usually do, to the consternation of my children...beginning with cub scouts car pool....hey, from a grandmother...if you can't enbarrass your kids once in a while....or, in my case, often, then they will grow up missing something important. Anyway...fineartist...you keep on harmonizing. That, my dear, is a gift.

I love reading all of your blogs...Christina Chew...you are a dear, and I can almost smell your g-ma's kitchen. But....I better start working on an oder....I mean, smell/scent of my own. Such pressure for grandparents of the new age....my granddaughter was on my lap all night as we went to a junior high production of Annie...I was hot flashing so much, I'm hoping what she smelled was the baby powder I still put on after a shower...

I love my "Aspie" grandson. He is a miracle and a gift. His mother....Mommyguilt, has made him a happy, secure child. I love them both....Oh...and thanks for putting up with PC too!!! (my son....just kidding, Dear)

Love...Meem

Lora said...

Hi, this is Lora from "My Beautiful Child Griffin & Autism".
http://griffinblaise.blogspot.com/
You have a wonderful blog, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it and I love your sense of humor. I will be visiting regularly. Oh yea, and I have added you to my blogroll. Thank you for sharing your insight into autism.

Paste said...

Good post, I did this and tagged Mrs A who listed that you had one too!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I came by because Mr. A mentioned that you had done this and I did it because I saw Mar's..! It's such fun seeing what other peolpe do with this particular meme...I love yours! Here's a little bit of trivia for you: Janis Joplin died, just down the hill from me...here in Hollywood! Aren't you glad to know that?? (lol)..I must say, it was pretty shocking on many levels....not the leasst of which was her untimely and unfortunate death! LOVE that You sing...I sing, too! Glad I stopped by!